Deputy Hotel Manager (Rooms & Revenue Focused)
Location: Preston Area, Lancashire
Salary: £25,000-27,000 + Fantastic Company Benefits
** You MUST have strong hotel management and rooms/revenue experience experience in a quality hotel environment **
Our client, a stunning luxury hotel operation, is looking for a highly-experienced, hands-on, personable and passionate Operations Manager to assist in the running of their high-quality operation based in North Preston. With luxurious rooms, amazing facilities, a stunning food and beverage operation with an extensive menu showcasing their collection of mouth-watering quality dishes created from fresh locally sourced produce, not to mention a delicious selection of cocktails and alcoholic drinks, this operation boasts a strong base of clientele with guests coming from afar and wide for new and repeat experiences.
As the food and beverage operation has a strong manager in place, this is very much a rooms-focused Deputy Hotel Manager role. You will need to enjoy the buzz of leading a busy and quality hotel operation overseeing all other non-F&B departments including: Front Office/Reservations, Housekeeping, Conference & Banqueting Operations, Leisure, Night Managers, leading from the front whilst motivating and getting the best out of each Head of Department and established departments. You will have very strong leadership and management skills, have a good business/financial acumen and as a strong motivator be able to get the most out of your team at all times. Not only you will be fully responsible for day-to-day management of the entire operation; you will also be the face of the business and therefore personality is key!
You will actively be involved in Sales and Marketing, People and Development, Product and Services, Revenue and Control, Communications, Maintenance and Development that relate to the Guest Experience departments. Being compliant in all operational policies and procedures to maximise the guest experience.
* Solid hands-on Operations Manager experience in a luxury 4-Star hotel
* Strong leadership, management skills and experience of managing several HODs and all departments including: Front Office/Reservations, Housekeeping, Leisure, Night Managers
* Good business acumen, strong financial knowledge and experience (GPs, wage costs, P&L)
* As the face of the business you must have a warm and friendly personality, be fun, passionate, charismatic, enthusiastic, people-focused and adaptable to all personalities.
* Be a great communicator - excellent at developing relationships with a large team and others involved.
The ideal candidate will:
* Have a great personality - fun, passionate, charismatic, enthusiastic, people-focused and adaptable to all personalities.
* Have a passion for hospitality and high-quality service.
* Have strong management and leadership skills.
* Be motivated, highly organised and have previous experience within a similar role.
* Be enthusiastic, have a desire to exceed guest expectations and want to impress and progress.
* Understand the financial and commercial aspects of the business.
* Have an understanding of the local market in which the business will operate within
* You should hold your team’s progression as paramount to their continued growth as a team and as individuals, which can only help the business to thrive.
* You must have full eligibility to work in the UK to be considered for this position.