Head Chef - Luxury Boutique Hotel Operation
** In order to be considered for this role, not only must you have strong fresh food but also experience of working in a high volume 4* (or above) hotel kitchen!**
Our client, a stunningly-beautiful luxury boutique hotel operation, is looking for a highly-skilled, hands-on, passionate and creative Head Chef with strong fresh food and high-volume experience to assist in the running of their popular operation based in the Kirkby Lonsdale area. With an extensive menu showcasing their collection of mouthwatering dishes created from fresh locally sourced produce this operation boasts a strong base of high profile clientele with some coming from afar and wide for repeat experiences.
You will be a natural leader, get a real kick out of coaching, developing your team (individually and as a team) leading them on to even greater success! As this is a hands-on Head Chef role, you will need to enjoy the buzz of leading an established kitchen with different personalities, creative minds, leading from the front whilst motivating and getting the best out of an established team.
It would be an advantage if you were quite tech-savvy to an extent and able to use the latest software packages for the likes of ordering, GP control and team rostering - though you will be able to delegate these types of tasks in order to develop your team.
The successful Head Chef will have a talent for driving brigades of chefs increasing quality and consistency, sales and revenue. You will need an organised and consultative approach, have a good business and financial acumen all whilst ensuring that customer satisfaction and quality standards are of paramount priority.
The culture is really key to the success of the operation. With this in mind you should be an incredible motivator, trainer, coach and manager of people. You should hold your brigade's progression as paramount to their continued growth as a team and as individuals, which can only help the business to thrive.
This can only be achieved through consistently delivering the exceptional experience for all customers with the highest standard of service, quality and safety.
* Solid hands-on Head Chef experience in a quality, high-volume fresh food hotel/restaurant environment with experience of banqeting
* Strong fresh food experience a passion for locally sourced produce.
* A creative flare and experience of creating daily specials from scratch.
* Experience of leading, motivating, training and developing a team of different personalities, levels of creativity and skillsets.
* Some financial knowledge (GPs, revenue, quality/portion control) or at least a knowledge of the impact it has on the business
* Experience of managing a small brigade.
* A great personality - fun, passionate, charismatic, enthusiastic, people-focused and adaptable to all personalities.
* A great communicator - excellent at developing relationships with the kitchen team, front of house team, senior management and others involved
Should you be successful, you will benefit from:
* A fantastic salary
* Excellent training and development opportunities
* A dynamic, changing and developing company
This is a quality company with an excellent reputation and offers great scope for future development.
In order to ensure your enquiry with regards to this position is dealt with quickly, please send in an up-to-date copy of your Curriculum Vitae in a Word Document format.
What Our Clients Say
Really looking forward to working in partnership with the team at Hesketh James.
Faye Kelly - General Manager (Ickworth Hotel)
No doubt HJ will be a major success and look forward to working with you.
Robin Ford – Operations Director
Paul Bayliss MBE - General Manager
James Mills - Baxter Storey
We would not hesitate to recommend their services.