STRONG SENIOR GENERAL MANAGER REQUIRED
Stunning Restaurant & Bar/Gastro pub operators
Location: Stunning location close to Stone & Stoke
Salary: Up to £50,000 (Bonus & various Benefits) depending on current experience/level with strong potential to take on more responsibility and take on a bigger role within the group in the future
My client is a quality operator with a growing group of quality fresh food pub operations. We are looking to appoint a strong General Manager to run their flagship high volume operation which is consistently over-performing to take the reigns and build upon an already established successful operation to ensure that excellent service is provided at all times to ensure that regulars are maintained and guests are returning time and time again, policies and procedures are maintained and tweaked and staff are well-trained and managed to ensure the buy-in, respect and support of a great team.
The successful candidate will need be hands-on, happy to work evenings and weekends where necessary and happy to get stuck into the role - the salary offered reflects the level of candidate we are looking to appoint & although the role offers distinct progression into something bigger, taking responsibility for further sites, we are not looking for Managers who are used to being office/desk bound or have spent the last few years in an hands-off area or operations role without face-to-face interaction with guests/team.
The operations are refurbished to a very high standard and serve an array of good quality wholesome locally-sourced dishes made on site from fresh as well as great cask ales, beers, wines & spirits.
The pub has been refurbished to a high standard and already has a strong following, but its profile & location also means that it attracts people visiting the area.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to progress & forge a successful career with a great company.
* Strong Senior General Manager with great presence and guest skills alongside strong back of house training & the ability to motivate, train & manage a team
* The ability to run a site that consistently takes over 40k a week and to ensure that service is kept high and feedback is excellent
* The ability keep on top of minimal paperwork & back of house SOPs whilst having a strong floor presence
* Strong back of house skills - stock control, GPs etc
* Strong attention to detail - constantly ensuring the team provide the best guest experience, tables are checked back on & cleared, food is on time consistently and the team are focused on ensuring their guests are happy
* The role would suit someone from an independent gastro pub background or a mixture of independent & quality branded gastro pubs or restaurants
* The role would also suit someone who has worked for one of the quality larger gastro pub companies & is looking for join a smaller, very successful group where they can really make a name for themselves and have more autonomy.
* Proven track record running a good quality fresh food operation
* Committed to providing the highest standards of customer service
* The desire to progress your career into a much bigger Operations Manager role in the near future once you have proven yourself
* Strong personality - professional but also a great host with the ability to speak to customers at all levels and from all walks of life to promote the business and drive repeat business
* Happy to be based within 40 minute drive of Stone/Stoke area
Salary Package: The starting salary is up to around £50.000 with the ability to earn even more, but this very much depends on experience & current level. There is also a potential bonus, benefits and definite future progression.
If you have the right experience & are looking to join a great company then please send your CV
For other opportunities please see our website www.hesketh-james.co.uk
What Our Clients Say
Really looking forward to working in partnership with the team at Hesketh James.
Faye Kelly - General Manager (Ickworth Hotel)
No doubt HJ will be a major success and look forward to working with you.
Robin Ford – Operations Director
Paul Bayliss MBE - General Manager
James Mills - Baxter Storey
We would not hesitate to recommend their services.
Alex Bullough | Recruitment and Training Manager
Linda Miles – Director of Operations